When we exchanged rings, we hoped our family of two would grow.
It has, into a family of 4. We're just split in half.
Two of us walk the Earth while two of us fly in Heaven.

Tuesday, October 07, 2014

CYG Day 7

Day 7 - Sacred Space

My bed. My pillow. #EvansBlankieNowMyBlankie. Me, looking a total hot mess.
The blankie that my mom, Julia and Evan's Gramma Gillette, made for him
The blankie that cradled and comforted him during his last night and day with us. 
That features in all of Evan's deathbed photos. 
The blankie that smelled like Evan that I clutched as we left the hospital without him. 
The blankie that I've slept with every night since he died. 
The blanket that travels with me. All over the world. 
I don't sleep without it. 
I don't care if people in the airport see me with a child's blanket and wonder why I have it. 
I don't care if other #blm think it weird and "why hasn't she given it up? She doesn't need a security blanket! She's a grown woman!". 
I need my blankie, my tangible reminder and link with my son. 
#lifeofagrievingmother #blm #EvanRiley #myson #mamaremembers #MamaOf2



Follow along here.
http://carlymarieprojectheal.com/2014/09/capture-your-grief-2014.html



0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...