When we exchanged rings, we hoped our family of two would grow.
It has, into a family of 4. We're just split in half.
Two of us walk the Earth while two of us fly in Heaven.

Saturday, August 30, 2014

Dresses

So... I am totally not a dress person. I love me my jeans and tees. But.... I've been having quite a bit of luck since Boxing Day in finding dresses.

Dress #1 I found on Boxing Day during the sales. The $29 tag was reasonable in my book. When I got to the check out, it rang up half price. I'll gladly pay $14.50 for a maxi dress!
I initially bought it for our mates Paul and Bianca's January 4 wedding. Just so happened to be THE.HOTTEST.DAY.EVER. 40*C+. Oy.
I next wore it for my Australian Citizenship Ceremony on June 24. I added this lil 3/4 sleeve black cardi on top for warmth. June is winter down here y'all!
Decorating the arch for my brother Kyle's wedding August 9th.
Dress #2 I found in May. I got it chiefly as my bridesmaid dress for my brother Erik's wedding August 1st. I also thought I could use it for job interviews (for office/clerical positions where something a bit fancier was required) and for nights out at QPAC. I saw it on the rack and thought it looked a bit too old lady for my taste. I took a chance and tried it on. The $35 tag convinced me to get it! That's suuuuuuuuuuuuuper cheap for a bridesmaid dress! The other dresses I was looking at were $120!
First bridesmaid down the aisle!
Bridesmaidy fun
Dress #3 I found today. Its now spring in Oz and I don't really feel like wearing my striped dress all day for job hunting. (It's a bit heavier fabric than I'd like for this time of year.) I've got an interview on Tuesday at 3pm, just after my jobseeker assistance meeting and just before my evening out with Mum at QPAC. I'm pairing it with my 3/4 black cardi, some peeptoe flats, a light brown suede bag, and my pearly bridesmaid jewelry. This one? Only $25. Also usable for events with my home business. Bonus points!

I think I might be turning into a dress person. Help!

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...