When we exchanged rings, we hoped our family of two would grow.
It has, into a family of 4. We're just split in half.
Two of us walk the Earth while two of us fly in Heaven.

Sunday, June 22, 2014

Evan's 4th Heavenday

This was us four years ago, June 22, 2010.
Last moments with Evan before we removed his breathing tubes.
First cuddle with Evan, no tubes, no wires, no leads. Just me and my baby boy.
Freshly bathed, diapered, and dressed, snuggling with my baby, trying so hard to will him back to life.
Four days, one long weekend with our son. June 18-22, 2010
Here we are now. June 22, 2014 is our church's 40th birthday. Same day as Evan's 4th Heavenday. Odd mix of deep grief and sadness and celebration. I didn't pay much attention today and that's just fine with me. Church, sausage sizzle lunch, good conversations with friends, and a jump in the adult sized bouncy house. I conquered that beast!
Sunday morning worship
Glenn's bringing home fish and chips for dinner. I'm watching local rugby (SouthsLogan Magpies v Redcliffe Dolphins from Davies Park live on channel 9) and mainlining iced coffee. A nap with EvanBear is up next.


Still standing.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...