When we exchanged rings, we hoped our family of two would grow.
It has, into a family of 4. We're just split in half.
Two of us walk the Earth while two of us fly in Heaven.

Saturday, April 19, 2014

InstaFriday April 13-19

It's Saturday here in Oz so I'm doing my InstaFriday a bit late. ;) 
Here we go! InstaFriday, MamaJillaroo style.
I'm still job hunting and while waiting for responses... I'm getting my crafty on. These are the scraps leftover from making 6 12x12 pages. Yes, leftovers. Crazy. Let's see what I can make from these...
Turns out I could do these!
Once I'd figured out this pattern, I decided to try another color scheme using old papers from my stash.
Monday came around and I dedided that I'd finally hit the shopping crazy known as DFO. Before leaving home I made myself a fried egg, cheese, and bacon roll for breakfast. My bus arrived with about 10 minutes to spare between my next bus. It was an hour ride ahead of me so I decided to stop in my favorite coffee chain and get a large flat white to enjoy alongside my roll. Nomz.
You can just see the Brisbane skyline. It is there!
The mission for today was to find bridesmaidy shoes, a new wallet (mine has fallen apart), and hopefully some new everyday shoes. I found a cute pair of black peeptoe wedges in shoe shop #1. Too small. Shop #2, struck out. Shop #3, Novo, I find these cuties.
Thanks to my fast and furious facebook fashionistas, I bought them.
Black bridesmaid dress + black bridesmaidy flat shoes. Check! Dress $35. Shoes $49.95... with a second pair for $10? Don't need to tell me twice! I picked up this pair in blush. These are my Easter shoes. :)
After the shoe success, I wandered the rest of the shops at DFO and struck out at my favorites. I found this bright punchy cutie at Kate Hill. I found another that I liked, however... this one was a couple bucks cheaper and the name was right on the money. :)
Hubby was watching Parks & Rec. My Dad could totally pull off Ron Swanson.
We needed groceries. Off to Aldi I went. Pink mini pan? Yes please.
I was itching to do some crafting for Easter.
While crafting, I had lunch. Leftover ravioli with melty cheesey goodness on top? Yum yum yum. Something savory to drown out the chocolate. ;)
Online tracking is wonderful. It means my box of pretties has arrived!
I couldn't start doing much with my new goodies as hubby was hungry for dinner. Butter chicken and rice, I can do that quickly. Then I can jump into my pretties and Easter crafting. Hurry up dinner!
I finished our Easter baskets.
Hubby and I went to see Captain America: The Winter Soldier on Thursday so we missed the Passover service at church. Friday morning, Good Friday morning, we were picked up by Mum and Dad for Good Friday Service. Wow.
Normally this Easter longweekend, we go up to Easterfest in Toowoomba. This is the first year since 2006 that I haven't gone. It feels very weird and quite boring here at home! So to amuse myself, some more scrapping.
And diving into my Easter jar.
Tonight is Silent Saturday. 
Tomorrow, is Easter. 
Resurrection Sunday. 
The Victorious Cross.

This Sunday, join me in shouting the good news from the rooftops!

He is risen!


And that, ladies and gentlemen, was my week.

Til next week....
I'm linked up with:

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...