When we exchanged rings, we hoped our family of two would grow.
It has, into a family of 4. We're just split in half.
Two of us walk the Earth while two of us fly in Heaven.

Saturday, February 15, 2014

Stung

Well, I made it 31 years before my first flying creature sting.

HOLY HELL IT HURTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A wasp nest was under my sister in law's front stairs. I was halfway up and thought I'd stepped on a splinter. Nope. I got double tapped by wasps. OWWWW!

I froze mid-step, panicking. I've never been stung before today. My uncle is allergic to stings and has had an epipen on him since I can remember. I didn't know if I'd react or not. I lost a shoe while hobbling inside. I got an ice pack (my niece's Finding Nemo ice pack) on my foot immediately. My sister in law got me some saline solution and I washed the stings well before putting a new ice pack on.
Nemo makes everything better.
I got double tapped! OWWWW!
Ice pack 2 of 4
The swelling has gone down, I can walk on it reasonably comfortably. It isn't itchy or puffy. After I was settled with an ice pack on my foot, Saara got some saline solution and I washed my foot off with that just to kill off whatever might still be on there. After I got inside, the boys decided to go investigate and destroy the nest. A burning torch will do that nicely! Thank you boys.

When I sat down, mum was right behind me. Erina shouted "HAPPY BIRTHDAY NANA!" She also insisted earlier that there needed to be decorations and party hats and rings for the table. She went with her Papa to go buy them and decided who would get what and sit where. Girlfriend cracks me up. Of course we need party hats for a birthday dinner!
Now, my day started innocently enough with watching replays of Olympic men's free skate and ice hockey, creamy chicken curry over bowtie noodles for lunch, and making pretty pages for my upcoming scrapbook sessions! Oh, and making brownies for dessert.


0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...