When we exchanged rings, we hoped our family of two would grow.
It has, into a family of 4. We're just split in half.
Two of us walk the Earth while two of us fly in Heaven.

Sunday, December 29, 2013

Christmas Eve

This year, Christmas Day landed on our normal payday. That means our workplace was going to pay us all on Christmas Eve. Our bank is super awesome and our pay comes through earlier. We got paid on my birthday! Woohoo!

Christmas Eve I went out and picked up a super cute tea cup I've had my eye on for Mum for ages. I also picked up a box of tea that I know she likes (green tea with peppermint, it smells divine), and some other goodies for my family.

On my way home, I saw that our local idiots have again been cluttering up the sidewalk with their rubbish. (Illegally dumped, mind you.) Way to keep the neighborhood classy folks.
I got in, plopped my shopping down and made my plan of attack for the night. I had 2kg of turkey to cook, cool, slice and put away. I had cookies (not biscuits, two different things Aussies!) to bake, cool, package and wrap. I had my Nanni's gift to make and wrap. I had other gifts to wrap. I wasn't going to have time to do all this after Christmas Eve service so for the first time in my living memory, I skipped Christmas Eve service at church. I didn't want to go without my husband so we had a quiet night in at home.

I got this wrapping paper (6 meters for $2.00, sold) and punched out some tags before wrapping.
Then it was time to bake up some chocolate chip cookies spiked with andes mint chips. Yum! I figured out exactly the timing to remove my cookies so they'd cool and still be soft and chewy. (Crunchy cookies are NOT my thing.) I had planned on making vanilla oatmeal cinnamon chip cookies but it was too hot in the kitchen. I'll make those another day.
Got chips?
With the cookies cooling and my turkeys cooling, it was time to start making my last minute gifts. I made this pink stand up calendar for my Nanni (husband's mother's mother) and the sunflowery one for my international secret Santa. Nothing like last minute fun on Christmas Eve! ;)
 My cookies were finally cool enough to package and wrap. My turkey was cool enough to slice and wrap and store in the fridge. All the rest of my presents got wrapped. My cookies got package in this tin and I dove in with a glass of cold milk.
#AdventCalendar #December24 Hebrews 9:15 Mediator of a New Covenant #Christmas #CreatingwithKaraDavies #ctmh #Offthepage  
"For this reason he is the mediator of a new covenant, so that those who are called may receive the promised eternal inheritance, because a death has occurred that redeems them from the transgressions under the first covenant." Hebrews 9:15 NRSV


0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...