When we exchanged rings, we hoped our family of two would grow.
It has, into a family of 4. We're just split in half.
Two of us walk the Earth while two of us fly in Heaven.

Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Vanilla Oatmeal Cookies

I saw these cookies from Butter Baking and they looked intriguing. I gave them a go tonight and I am SO glad I did. Not only did I use up the last bit of my rolled oats, I have a new go to cookie recipe that will definitely get eaten. Woohoo!

I used my stick blender (this one) with the bowl attachment to grind up my oats. I didn't get to a fine powder but pretty darn close for my liking. I had only one clean small cake pan to bake them in so I did several batches. For the first two I plopped dough onto a paper lined pan. For the second two I stirred in some cinnamon chips to the dough then rolled into balls with my hands. That seemed to make evenly sized cookies better. All up, so stinkin yummy I might have to abandon my previous oatmeal cookie recipes!

Rolled with cinnamon chips, waiting for baking.
Cooling on paper lined rack.

VANILLA OATMEAL COOKIES
Adapted from Milk and Cookies.

165g unsalted butter, softened (3/4 cup)
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup plain flour
1 1/4 cup rolled oats
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt

Preheat the oven to 180 C and line 2-3 trays with baking paper.

In a blender or food processor, grind up the oats to a fine powder. Set aside.

Using an electric mixer, beat the butter and both sugars until light and creamy. Add the egg and vanilla, mixing well.

On a low speed, beat in the flour, oatmeal, baking soda, baking powder and salt.

Eat some cookie dough.

Drop tablespoons of dough onto the lined baking trays. Bake for 8-10 minutes, until the edges are lightly golden. Makes 32 cookies.


Give these babies a try, even if you don't like oats.


0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...