When we exchanged rings, we hoped our family of two would grow.
It has, into a family of 4. We're just split in half.
Two of us walk the Earth while two of us fly in Heaven.

Friday, July 05, 2013

Independence Day Down Unda

My Independence Day celebrations were bland yesterday. I was at home, on the couch, under my Rainbow Brite quilt (vintage mind you) watching my stories (lame daytime tv). Hubby got me sick in early June and I was finally on the mend after Evan's birthday. On Tuesday, Mum noticed I sounded a bit funny. Tuesday night I felt the sickies coming on and this time I had cough&cold meds on hand for both of us to dose on. The loogies are really annoying. Yuck.

I had found generic brand pop tarts (Toast'em pop-ups) in a local cheap shop. I've found them there before and hadn't expected to buy some earlier in the week. But, having found the brown sugar cinnamon AND chocolate fudge varieties on the same shelf, I had to. I got a box of the chocolate fudge ones. Specifically for breakfast on Fouth of July. (Kinda sad but an expat's gotta do what an expat's gotta do to retain some semblance of home on certain national holidays.) Now these babies weren't made in Asia or something, they are made in the good old USA. Imported by USA Foods, the real deal. It is little things like finding generic brand pop tarts in a local aussie cheap shop that makes me smile.

For breakfast I had two chocolate fudge pop-ups, two toasted buttered english muffins, baked beans and two fried eggs. Yes, I'm sick and yes it all tasted wonderfully good. ;) I also had a homemade iced coffee. Yum.
Hubby got home after work and shopping and we had dinner. Burgers (with bacon and cheese), garlic cheesy potato bake (so much better than the red box ones I grew up with) and baked beans (for me). Dessert was homemade mint spiked brownies topped with Andes mints and ice cream. Yum. Hubby missed out as he went to bed halfway through our movie Lincoln. Daniel Day-Lewis was the perfect casting choice to play Lincoln. I didn't like the choice of Sally Fields as Mary Todd Lincoln. (SF just bugs me in any of the movies she's in. I just don't like her.) I ate my brownies ala mode and finished the movie PLUS watched all the special features before heading to bed.
I found my American flag and posed the bears with it.
Hubby bought his and hers Yankee beer and Lincoln for the night.
Dinner.
Mint spiked brownies ala mode.
That was our Fourth of July. #IndependenceDayDownUnda




0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...