When we exchanged rings, we hoped our family of two would grow.
It has, into a family of 4. We're just split in half.
Two of us walk the Earth while two of us fly in Heaven.

Saturday, July 20, 2013

Evan's 3rd birthday celebrations

Alrighty, here we go clearing out the backlog of blog posts!

Our sweet little boy turned 3 this year. As usual, our celebrations down here on Earth are nothing like they should have been compared to the celebrations up in Heaven. But, Mama's gotta do what Mama's gotta do to mark the day her baby was born.

Things were pretty low key again this year. I stayed home from work as per usual and went out to get Evan his birthday balloons.
After I got home, I tied the balloons onto our railing and plopped Evan Bear up for some pictures. I made a batch of raisin bran bars and waited until my husband got home. We released Evan's balloons into the inky night sky.
We came back inside and had our traditional birthday dinner of pizza and chocolate cake.
 Later it was time for some selfies with my bear before bed.
Later in the week I went out to run some errands. I sported Evan's camo ribbon and Xavier's blue ribbon. Xavier's mummy is in my mother's group at SIDS & Kids and I volunteered to wear a ribbon for Xavier's first birthday and Heavenday anniversaries. I found some sparkly blue butterflies and a bright big sunflower for Evan's birthday presents. Mom put an order in for clippy koalas for Evan's Embrace's baskets so I raided our local cheap shop for them. I had a mini meltdown when I saw this little camo chair. In an alternate world my Evan would be playing in it...
Nana and Paa came over on the 22nd, Evan's Heavenday. Paa did some gardening while Nana and I left to get Glenn from work. We drove out to Mt Cotton to visit Evan and leave him his birthday goodies. Nana and Paa stayed over for dinner and dessert. We had taco rice and chocolate cake with custard and ice cream. We also taught them to play Ticket to Ride and they were fast learners.
We saw that Evan had been given lots of toy cars from other visitors or the groundskeepers. Glenn decided that he had enough and that we should share with other baby boys in the cemetery.
I saved the Lightning McQueen for sharing with Max. Max's mummy works with us at the big blue box.
Moonrise on Evan's Heavenday
Beautiful sunset over Evan's cemetery.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...