When we exchanged rings, we hoped our family of two would grow.
It has, into a family of 4. We're just split in half.
Two of us walk the Earth while two of us fly in Heaven.

Thursday, March 21, 2013

The crafty itch strikes again

One of my sister consultants posted this on facebook yesterday. It struck a chord with me, and hopefully for the rest of my crafty sisterhood as well.

Source, in timeline album, reposted from pinterest (original source unknown)
I get my crafty vibe from my mom. I think it started when she taught me how to cross stitch back in grade school. (Piano lessons never really took off, but sewing and crafting did!) Sewing, stitching, paper crafting, scrapbooking. Now scrapbooking, that definitely took hold as mom was making our baby books at the dining table and sorting through her piles of triplicate or even quadruplicate photos. Glue stick and tupperware lids (for tracing circles) and scissors flying away. She had bins for photos that wouldn't be used and we were allowed to play with them.

Lately I've been sewing up a storm. It soothes my nerves and makes me focus on something repetitive and simple. There's something almost hypnotic about the rhythm of needle and thread.
The top of a piece I made for good friends who have recently welcomed bubby.
The piece I made for us, with plenty of room to expand later on.
Detail I added to the piece I made for mum.
My finished piece for mum. The pink you see is sharpie which I hope washes out.
What crafty projects have you started/finished recently?

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...