When we exchanged rings, we hoped our family of two would grow.
It has, into a family of 4. We're just split in half.
Two of us walk the Earth while two of us fly in Heaven.

Sunday, March 10, 2013

AMEN!

I saw this article from Still Standing Magazine posted on facebook and I had to share it. This is my response...

AMEN! From the moment I thought I might be pregnant and that was confirmed, I was head over heels in love with my baby. Just because she died in the womb and was born via miscarriage doesn't make her any less human. She is my baby, my itty bitty baby and my life is forever different. I don't get the planning of playdates, shopping for nappies, shopping for school uniforms, planning dates with her and her Daddy, taking her to the park and experiencing the joy of the swings, the consoling as she skins her knee or has a broken heart. I don't get to raise my child, that doesn't make me any less of a mother.

People have to start getting that. I am a mother of two children, they just both happen to be dead long before their time.

Next time you hear of a family that has suffered the loss of their child, no matter how baby died, have a think of what it must be like to no longer have that child in their lives before you say something like "it was just a miscarriage".

You've no idea how much that hurts.

We didn't just lose our child, we lost our hopes and dreams and plans for life with our child.

And it takes a long time to come back from the death and birth of my daughter, and the chaotic birth and death of my son.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...