When we exchanged rings, we hoped our family of two would grow.
It has, into a family of 4. We're just split in half.
Two of us walk the Earth while two of us fly in Heaven.

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Success

We've had a few successes over the last couple days, so I thought I'd share em. Nothing deep, just little triumphs I'm proud of.

We earned a pretty big reward of 40% purchases at work last week, so we scrimped and saved and bought some new furniture and furnishings we really needed. (At last, my linen cupboard is complete! New fitted sheets and pillowcases to round out our existing -but well loved- bedding sets! YAHOO!) <---*happyhousewifedance*

Insane discount!
Old tan cover, meet new black and red covers.
New bookcases means our garage looks like a library.
We hosted my inlaws for their birthdays with cake and showed off our newly redecorated downstairs. (Plus I got to use my new cakestand that I got for my birthday!)
The Nieceling was taking off everyones shoes and stacking them by the door. Unku Glenn got home and she could NOT get his work boots off. It is blurry, but the look on her face is priceless. (She gets the determination from me.)  ;)
It isn't coming off!

Caaaaaaaaaaaake! And yes, this is our wedding china "Ambrosia" by Alex Liddy. Gorgeous. 
I put my PagePrints from the previous Virtual Crops into my PicFolio Max album and completed my display book. Yay! Now I've got an album I can easily carry around to show my clients. (And, bonus, it has a wide range of our current and new collections within it!)
 
I made a few pages this weekend during the third Virtual Crop on fb and enjoyed a new papercrafting box tutorial. I've already made 3 and have plans to make more. (Finally, a great way to use up old papers that I just don't use in albums anymore!) I made the one below in purple as a gift and the other two I folded the lids inward, stuck them down and they've now become catchalls to empty our pockets into. (DH doesn't empty his pockets so many times I've found spare coins, a key and pens that have gone through the wash!)
All my pages squished into one.
My first paper box!
My second and third paper boxes. One for hubby, one for me. I have my work ID tags in mine. The glass coin jar is an empty Moccona coffee jar, washed out and label removed.
I redecorated the top of our sideboard and switched up the order of things. I like it. No dust makes me happy. :) Plus you can see Evan's plaster hand and footprints better which pleases me. :)

I caught up on the dishes and washing my pots and pans today. Feels good to have a clean counter again.
Washed all of these.
And these.
And these. My stovetop is being cleaned next. Don't judge.
I made beer bread for the first time today. And it was good. Very good. I used a bottle of Cooper's Original Pale Ale that Glenn had in the fridge. (I'll use a bit more melted butter next time. I think it needs it.)
After I mixed it all up and poured the butter on.
After it came out of the oven. Yum!
What little successes have you had lately?


0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...