When we exchanged rings, we hoped our family of two would grow.
It has, into a family of 4. We're just split in half.
Two of us walk the Earth while two of us fly in Heaven.

Wednesday, February 06, 2013

Music Musings

I'm a music nut. I get in my ruts and am fiercely loyal to bands I love. One of those bands is Third Day. For those that don't know the story of how my husband and I met, we met through the Third Day message boards. Chatting there led to exchanging email addresses, MSN and AIM screen names and eventually phone calls. Then sending little packages through the mail (international postage FTW!) and skype chats and calls and then to meeting in person 8 months after we met online. I never thought I'd meet my husband through a message board of a band but I did. And I am *SO* glad that my boys in Third Day decided to put up the boards. Aside from all the other friendships I've made through the band, I'm most thankful for the boards. And for that, they remain one of my favorite bands alongside U2, Snow Patrol, and Anberlin.

Like any other music fan, I've got my favorite albums and tracks. My favorite TD album is still Time, but their newest album Miracle is quickly becoming 2nd. Miracle came out last year in November and for the last several weeks its been on repeat in my playlists. A couple songs in particular really stand out and grab my attention.

Track 3 "Your Love Is Like A River" is one that speaks to me. These lines in particular:
"When I am tired and so afraid
Your love is like a fire that will light my way
When darkness falls and my vision fades
Your love is like a fire that will light my way
And it's always burning and stirring my soul
To love you and love you much more

It never stops or ever fades
Your love is like a fire that will light my way"
As we still aren't pregnant and I'm quite afraid that we'll never get pregnant again, that my shot at motherhood has come and gone, this sticks in my mind as hope. That these are dark days and we still have hope that we'll see the light at the end of the tunnel and get a positive test, a successfully bland unadventurous pregnancy, a safe labor and delivery and a baby to take home and raise at the end of it.

Track 6 "You Are My Everything" is one I have on repeat just by itself quite a bit. One of the things I love about the images this song puts in my mind is that I can sign most of it. (My middle brother is hard of hearing and from kindergarten onwards, I learned to sign. I had a dream to be an interpreter at concerts as some songs are so beautiful on the hands!) This song is beautiful in lyrics, in music and in imagery and meaning.

"Your eyes, they shine
Unlike anything I've ever seen
Your smile, it lights up the skies

I hear your voice
And it's given me a song to sing
Your fire, it's burning inside

Chorus:  
So take my hand
Take my spirit and
Shine your light on me
Imagine my surprise
The fire in your eyes
More than I hoped it could be
You are my everything
You are my everything


My world was changed
From the moment that I saw your face
My life has finally begun

Chorus"

I see a couple different things when I hear this song.

1.) I can see it being sung as a lullaby to my children. I imagine I would have sung this to Evan when he fussed and couldn't sleep in the middle of the night.
So take my hand, Take my spirit and Shine your light on me.
Imagine my surprise The fire in your eyes More than I hoped it could be -You are my everything!


2.) I see my relationship with Jesus.
 I hear your voice, And it's given me a song to sing. Your fire, it's burning inside.
For those of you that believe, you know the fire of which I speak.


3.) I can see my relationship with my husband from the start. The lovey dovey stage where everything he says and does is sheer delight to my long awaited soul. The way he looks at me, his countenance, the way his touch sends sparks through me. You know what I mean. ;)  
Your eyes, they shine, Unlike anything I've ever seen. Your smile, it lights up the skies

Maybe I'm reading too much into songs, maybe what I hear is the truth. Either way I cannot get enough of this album nor the imagery each song brings to mind.

I encourage you to go out and get the cd or buy it from iTunes and have a listen for a couple days and see what you think.


2 comments:

Sarah said...

Have you sent this out to the band? I am sure they would LOVE to get some encouragement from you talking about how their songs speak to you. <3 My band (until Peter left) has always been Newsboys...their albums always had songs that spoke to me in that moment. <3

Lori said...

Oh Kara. I had no idea that's how you and your husband met but I love it.

And I love Third Day.

I'd not heard these songs, but teared up thinking about you being exactly right—they ARE perfect for singing as lullabies.

Then teared up thinking about you missing that with your sweet ones. I'm so sorry. Sending you love, sweet friend.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...