When we exchanged rings, we hoped our family of two would grow.
It has, into a family of 4. We're just split in half.
Two of us walk the Earth while two of us fly in Heaven.

Saturday, February 16, 2013

Mum and Dad's birthdays

 After a bit of a kerfuffle with scheduling and stuff not being put on the calendar quick enough, we all got together for Mum and Dad's birthdays tonight. Dad's birthday is today, Mum's is tomrrow. I made a chocolate cake (my now standard recipe) and used my Nordicware bundt pan to bake it in. I wasn't sure if it would stick so I sprayed the snarf out of it with nonstick spray. My bundt pan conducts heat rather well so it only took 35 minutes to bake. I let it cool in the pan for 10 minutes before flipping it out onto a plate and it came out intact! *happydance* Woohoo! I cut the cake on the lines formed by the pan, dusted it with icing sugar and set out three toppings. I put out leftover espresso cream cheese icing (from Chrissie's 21st a few weeks ago), vanilla whipped cream and mixed berries mashed with ginger and honey. (Yum.) Everyone added what they liked to their slice of still warm cake.
Alastair and Dad. Redshirts.
Saara and I got the memo apparently.
Someone found hiding spaces after she explored the stairs.

Cake!
Erina and Paa, a growling faceoff. BTW, someone has learned how to sing EIEIO. ;)
All giggles.
Tackled by Papa!
Playing with Buddy.
Rawr!
Someone kept pointing to a piece saying "Me! Me!" (Translation from 2 year old to Adult: "That's MY piece!")
Nanni watching Erina play with Paa.
Dad and Mum.
Glenn arrived after we finished singing Happy Birthday.
CAKE!


0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...