When we exchanged rings, we hoped our family of two would grow.
It has, into a family of 4. We're just split in half.
Two of us walk the Earth while two of us fly in Heaven.

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Homemade bread

I've made bread in my mom's breadmachine before, but never by hand. Enter Lucy and her fabulous dough hook accessory! I searched pinterest for a bread recipe that didn't include milk powder or dough improver/enhancer and I found one. I copied the recipe onto a text file and saved it to my phone. So far it has been pretty easy but the first packet of yeast I used didn't get foamy at all, so I tried it again and it worked. The rising didn't take too long and the rolling out into a cylinder was pretty easy. I don't have much counter space so I used a placemat as my "lightly floured surface" and a plate cover to cover my greased bowl. So far it smells pretty yummy in here and I hope this turns out!

Rising for the 2nd time before going into the oven.
2nd rise done, a bit of milk brushed on top, next up going into the oven!
BAKING MY FIRST LOAF OF BREAD!

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...