When we exchanged rings, we hoped our family of two would grow.
It has, into a family of 4. We're just split in half.
Two of us walk the Earth while two of us fly in Heaven.

Monday, December 17, 2012

My party - photo heavy

My 30th birthday Kings and Queens Ball party has come and gone. Now that I've caught up on some of my sleep, I can share the details!

The invitation.
The insert.
The logo.
The teaser of my circlet.
The welcome sign I made up.
My husband's panoramic shot of the room in setup.
The church hall. We dressed it simply with bar tables and barstool chairs, purple and silver tablecloths, fake purple flowers, lots of bows and battery tealight candles.
Oh so very flattering shot of me on a hot day. :p
One of the games was "Guess the Royalty".
Some of the savory ricotta triangles. I overbought. If you come over for afternoon tea, we're having these!
My crockpot had 3.5-4kg of browned diced chicken breast simmering away. I split it up and put half into the pot on the stove before adding the stroganoff packets. I also had an 8 cup rice cooker and a 5 cup rice cooker on the go. We used every last bit of rice!
Picking up my costume earlier in the week.
All dressed up as Aragorn and Arwen! My gown was rented and the look I was going for was a mix of this and this and this. Not too shabby eh?
The wall decoration in the hall that we jazzed up a bit.
Mom "Mrs. America", Mum "Queen Mum".
The food table. I hung the balloons, mom did the ribbons and bows and flowers. The tablecloths were wedding presents that I've rarely used.
Mom knew her place for the day, Bow Maker!
I waaaaaaaaay over bought on nibblies. They were good!
The garlic hommus was superb. I'll definitely be buying it again!
More kings and queens to guess.

GKJEV Productions put on a good party. ;)
The tables were decorated simply.
The games sheet I made up. Can you answer any of the questions?
The menu and gameplan for the night.
The entertainment for the night.
King Tide, Princess and Fairy Princess, aka my brother-in-law, sister-in-law and niece. (Glenn's brother and family.)
Fairy Princess still isn't too sure about my mom, G Vicki/VitVi.
Two can play this game kid.
Flashing some leg!
Girlfriend loves some dip.
Guests.
Guests.
Family working on the games.
Two kings of the mountains!
Evan's godparents, King of the Mountain (Uncle Adam) and Queen Latifah (Auntie Kylie, with bubby #1 on board).
More guests.
My cakes. I catered this party on my own, including baking the cakes. Go me!
Dessert buffet of chocolate cakes, cream cheese iced raisin bran bars and mint chocolate chip cookies.
A group photo of almost everyone.
Lil ol me.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...