When we exchanged rings, we hoped our family of two would grow.
It has, into a family of 4. We're just split in half.
Two of us walk the Earth while two of us fly in Heaven.

Friday, November 23, 2012

Thanksgiving 2012

As it is just the two of us, and most of my fellow ex-pats have left for America's shores or are already there, we didn't do much for Thanksgiving today. We stayed home as it is Glenn's RDO (regular day off or rostered day off, however you like to put it). I slept in a bit and went to the butcher as they have a sale on skinless chicken breasts for $6.99/kilo ($7.25/kilo or $3.30/lb) which is INSANELY cheap. Normally it is the skin on chicken breasts (I *HATE* touching raw meats, especially deskinning chicken, ewwwwww!) that are on sale but this time I lucked out. When I got there they'd sold out and said more was arriving tomorrow. So... guess who is getting up bright and early to stock her freezer with chicken boobies? This girl.

I did get some super good ground beef that was on special so now my freezer is a bit more stocked. Happy camper on that front. A quick walk through the market next door and I saw some interesting stuff.
USA RED SEEDLESS GRAPES... also marked Product of Austalia?
Lychee flavored water. In a plastic container. With a plastic lid. Almost bought one to try.
Oooooh, a pineapple. They were $1.99/ea.
I liked the texture on the top here.
I liked the color contrast between rust and blue.
Another view.
Caught the bus home, went to the post office and picked up my box of Creative Memories supplies that I'd ordered on Sunday night. (4 days from ordering and the warehouse in Sydney shipping it up here to Logan? That's pretty darn good.) I got home and repackaged my meat, labeled and stuck it in my freezer, opened and rifled through my box, marking off each item on my invoice (it all matched, yay!), put the box away and went outside. I watered the plants and adjusted the pinwheels in the babies garden. I found some cookie dough hiding in the freezer and baked it up while we enjoyed smoked cheese and crackers for afternoon tea.

We didn't do turkey for dinner as I didn't have any. I made a chicken curry with crunchy Indian potatoes instead. It was good. :)
 
EDIT: I made up a recipe card and added it here. Most of it is to taste so if you like things spicy, use a heavy hand. If you like it more mild, go lighter.


0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...