When we exchanged rings, we hoped our family of two would grow.
It has, into a family of 4. We're just split in half.
Two of us walk the Earth while two of us fly in Heaven.

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Zingy Berry Smoothie - RECIPE

It is suddenly summer here in Brisbane and today I had a hankering for a berry smoothie. Here's what I came up with!

Zingy Berry Smoothie

- 1 single serving tub of vanilla fullfat yogurt (none of this non fat or lowfat "yogurt", only the good stuff and a small amount of it)
- 1 big handful of frozen mixed berries (I use this brand)
- A squirt of honey
- A small dash of cinnamon sugar
- Fresh ginger (I use about a pinky nail's size blob of Gourmet Garden's Ginger)
- A splash of milk (normal milk, not goat, not almond, not rice, not soy, regular normal cow's milk)

I added everything into my stick blender's jug and blended away. I added some more berries and a bit more honey until it was the consistency I liked. The cinnamon and ginger come through very quick at first sip, the honey and berries after the smoothie has had a few minutes to sit and mingle. Yum!

Normally I just use berries and yogurt and blend away. Today I felt like something a bit different and it worked out well.

What's your favorite smoothie recipe?

-Kara

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...