When we exchanged rings, we hoped our family of two would grow.
It has, into a family of 4. We're just split in half.
Two of us walk the Earth while two of us fly in Heaven.

Friday, October 19, 2012

♥LoveLoveLove♥

it when I hover over my name in facebook and this pops up:


That word, title, declaration. Mama. Mother. She who carried and birthed two children. She who buried said two children. She who is and always will be a mother of two in Heaven no matter how many may come after. Mama. What I long to hear from my childrens lips, from others lips. Validation of the fact that I have children. Validation that my womb was fruitful, twice. Validation that my husband is a Father and I a Mother. Validation that our home was once graced by two precious souls other than our own. Validation that my stretch marks are proof that my body once housed and nurtured two little babies. Validation that my parents are grandparents, my brothers are uncles, my sisters are aunties. Proof that I am in the sisterhood of women that have given of themselves and have miniature copies that are half them. Proof that I am not just a married woman, a wife, a homemaker, a coworker, an auntie, a friend, a cousin, a granddaughter, an in-law, a person riding the bus or walking by on the street.

I am a Mama.

you baby girl and baby boy.

1 comments:

Lori said...

Sweet Kara....xoxoxoxoxoxo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...