When we exchanged rings, we hoped our family of two would grow.
It has, into a family of 4. We're just split in half.
Two of us walk the Earth while two of us fly in Heaven.

Sunday, September 02, 2012

To the man...

 To the man I fell in love with in 2005, to the man I gave my heart to, to the man who joyfully asked for my hand in marriage in 2006.
To the man I wed and claimed his name as my own in 2007, to the man I followed to the end of the earth and built a home with later that same year.

To the man who unabashedly celebrated our first pregnancy in 2008 and wept unconsolably a few months later as we mourned our daughter. To the man who dared to dream again and kept trying.


To the man who kept me steady during our second pregnancy in 2009 and eagerly awaited our son's arrival in 2010. To the man who held our son so tenderly during his short time with us and cried his heart out after we sent Evan home.
 
 

To the man ever so patient and loving as we flew home for Christmas and held me as I grieve our childrens absence.

 To the man who fathered our children, and who holds them in his heart instead of his arms, thank you. You are my best friend, my rock, the one I rush home to. The one who makes me laugh when my day has been rotten and I don't feel like laughing. The one who loves me more than I ever thought I could be loved.

You *are* a father and today is Father's Day.
Your day.
Happy Father's Day Glenn!



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...