When we exchanged rings, we hoped our family of two would grow.
It has, into a family of 4. We're just split in half.
Two of us walk the Earth while two of us fly in Heaven.

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Scratching my crafty itch

Today is arts and crafts day in the Davies living room! I've been making flags for Julia and Evan to include in Carly Marie's Beach Prayer Flag event, a makeover of a plain corkboard and trying my technique before making a gift for a friend. So far, it is all coming together pretty well. :)

These are the beach prayer flags for my babies. I'm still stitching around their initials and names by hand, otherwise they are done and will be mailed off to Carly tomorrow. The fabrics are fat flats from Spotlight cut down to 10x13 rectangles and hemmed with SY iron on tape from IKEA. I made a little pocket up top so they can be strung along the cord with the rest of the flags heading Carly's way.

Julia's flag with a bunny and butterfly.
Evan's flag with a teddy bear and butterfly.
I've had this fabric from IKEA for a few months now and finally had an idea of what I could use it for. I cut it to size and used hemming tape to iron it onto the cork surface. I cut the ribbon to fit and used brass pushpins to hold it in place. I'm undecided as to whether I like the finished piece with more tacks or less. Which do you think works better?
Less tacks
This is the next fabric I'm going to play with and try my hand at something for my kitchen. More techniques to play with!
I've got dinner thawing so I better turn the oven on before getting back to business!


0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...