When we exchanged rings, we hoped our family of two would grow.
It has, into a family of 4. We're just split in half.
Two of us walk the Earth while two of us fly in Heaven.

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Kitchen adventures continue....

I made tortillas again tonight (while making red beans and rice for dinner). I started at 6:30 and finished up around 10:30. (I ate my own dinner and packed up dinner leftovers while half watching Warehouse 13 in there too!)

I used Jazibe's recipe again (handwritten on lined paper, somewhat stained from last use) and made the testales smaller to fit in my small frying pan when cooking.

1kg + 1cup plain storebrand white flour = 95c
1.5cups (355ml) of canola oil = 1.23
1.5cups (355ml) of water = free
40 grams of onion salt  = 20c
20 grams of chili powder = 20c


storebought store brand 15pk tortillas (690g) for $4.23
homemade tortillas 75pk (1475g) from above ingredients for roughly $2.58.

Who wants to do the math on that for me?

Tortillas rolled out and ready for cooking.
Cooking away.
First one is done!
Menu sheets I made up and printed. I'm moving this hook to the front of my fridge so it doesn't get so messy.
75 tortillas in bags of 10ish each. Oh yeah!

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...