When we exchanged rings, we hoped our family of two would grow.
It has, into a family of 4. We're just split in half.
Two of us walk the Earth while two of us fly in Heaven.

Sunday, May 13, 2012

How I spent my 4th Mother's Day

Breakfast in bed. Two pieces of toast with strawberry jam and a cup of milk, just what I asked for.
Church with my in-laws followed by a gift from our childrens group and a bouquet of flowers from a Scarlet sister.
Many "Happy Mother's Day!" wishes from church mothers and fathers.
Lunch with Clan Davies, some Rautios and Bruno.
My niece tackling me to the ground and breaking my necklace chain.
Funny antics with my niece.
Mudcake and ice cream for dessert.
My mother-in-law flipping through my album of Ethan and Andrèa's wedding, looking for pages to display at a function this weekend, and dropping me off at home.
Changing into my jammies, sipping a hot cuppa while curled up on the couch with my blankie and bears.
Waiting for my husband to come home with dinner.
Eating fish and chips together while watching The Block and "Lady and The Tramp".
Reading in bed before lights out.

Maybe next year we'll have a bubby to celebrate with...

*sigh*



1 comments:

Matushka Anna said...

I hope we both have little babies in arms Mother's Day next year...

Happy Mother's Day, albeit a little late!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...