When we exchanged rings, we hoped our family of two would grow.
It has, into a family of 4. We're just split in half.
Two of us walk the Earth while two of us fly in Heaven.

Thursday, May 17, 2012

Cooking frenzy

Second round of pies are in the oven. The filling this time? Leftover butter chicken and sauce. The crust? Top is puff, bottom is shortcrust. The leftover cut outs were smooshed together, re-rolled and made into a nutella pie. Muahahahaha!
Butter Chicken pies. They smell divine!
Oh, I also made a second batch of beef stew using the rest of the veggies in the soup kit Glenn brought home. And last night I made my second batch of baking mix. (Note to self, find better ways of cutting the butter into the flour. Grating it didn't work too well. Might try freezing it first so it doesn't melt in my hands.)
Beef stew part deux.
I used some cubed beef from the meat section of Woolies,
a carrot cut into bitty pieces (I don't like carrot but they have to go into beef stew, and since I'm making it, they're small pieces),
a stick of celery also in tiny pieces,
half a chopped onion,
some minced garlic,
some chili,
2 small potatoes,
2 veggie stock cubes,
some onion salt,
some pepper,
some tomato paste,
1 beef stock cube,
some olive oil,
some butter,
some flour.

I heated oil and butter in my nonstick fry pan, added the onion and cooked down a bit. Next went the garlic and chili before dumping the veggies into a bowl. A smidge more oil, the beef and onion salt went in until the beef was cooked on the outside. Using scissors and tongs, I cut the chunks into smaller pieces before adding the flour and cooking it out. The veggies went back in, the potatoes and the stock cubes and it all got stirred up pretty well. I added about 2 cups of water and the tomato paste before adding the pepper and stirred until boiling. I boiled for a minute or two before simmering for 20-30 minutes. So far it smells pretty good so we'll see what my husband thinks. ;)

I rock.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...