When we exchanged rings, we hoped our family of two would grow.
It has, into a family of 4. We're just split in half.
Two of us walk the Earth while two of us fly in Heaven.

Monday, May 07, 2012

Baking frenzy

I just made my first batch of homemade Bisquick mix. I used some to make biscuits for dinner (spiked with onion salt and curry powder) and holy mother of meatballs! They were fantastic!

I was down to my last scant half-cup of mix (smuggled from home) and panicking about getting more. Then I saw a pin on pinterest for a homemade version. I didn't have enough baking powder so I used scant amounts of the rest and its worked pretty well.

I've now got a batch ready and waiting in the fridge for tomorrow morning to make rolled biscuits for breakfast. I'll add one of my muffin tin eggs and a slice of bacon before sending my hubby out the door. ;)

Recipe: Homemade baking mix   from kitchensimplicity.com/homemade-bisquick-mix/

Give it a try and tell me what you think.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...