When we exchanged rings, we hoped our family of two would grow.
It has, into a family of 4. We're just split in half.
Two of us walk the Earth while two of us fly in Heaven.

Friday, March 16, 2012

WFD? What's for dinner tonight?

Tonight is leftovers aka "clean out the fridge" night. Chili and quesadillas are on the menu!

"Clean out the fridge "Quesadillas:

Tortillas
Shredded cheese (I had a mix of mozzarella and cheddar)
Taco beef (ground beef cooked with a bit of minced garlic, chili and curry powder in addition to a packet of taco seasoning)
Rice (cooked with a bit of chili powder and curry powder for flavor. I don't like plain rice)
Refried beans (from a can)
Garlic salt
Sour cream
Ketchup (or salsa, I like ketchup)

1.) Smear some beans on your tortillas, add some rice and garlic salt like so.
The little offset spatula I used is from Baker's Secret. Best spreader ever! The refried beans are in a small Lock & Lock container, the beef is in a small JÄMKA container from Ikea.
With beans, rice, cheese and meat. Looking good yet?
Rice cheese and meat for DH. Too many beans as a kid in Africa means he doesn't like them now. Too bad as I'm not a huge veggie fan and I <3 my beans! :p
Leftover chili and rice. Ground beef, canned diced tomatoes, canned red kidney beans (I prefer black beans but they just don't exist in canned form here. Majorly disappointing! I'm sure its one of the funnier things customs agents have seen in my luggage and its a constant request from back home in care packages. Send more canned black beans!)
After baking at 400*F for about 8 minutes, ketchup and sour cream were added.
Mmmm, gooey goodness!

That's clean out the fridge quesadillas from my kitchen. If we've got leftover chicken, those go in too. What goes in your quesadillas?

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...