When we exchanged rings, we hoped our family of two would grow.
It has, into a family of 4. We're just split in half.
Two of us walk the Earth while two of us fly in Heaven.

Saturday, February 25, 2012

Our weekend

Yesterday we got SOAKED making our way to The Tivoli (a lovely old venue) in Fortitude Valley. Now, "the Valley" is the clubby district in Brisbane. I don't like going there as its scary! Especially on weekends when all the night clubs and strip clubs are in full effect and there's weird people stumbling around drunk. Last night there were kids in togas running around and a few were being cited/arrested by police. These kids seriously couldn't be more than days over 18. (Legal drinking age here in Queensland is 18. Yeah, nuff said.)

We got to the venue in the midst of quite a downpour and saw friends Sammy and Brent in line behind us. We got in and it was a good show. Holland opened (fronted by the guy from Fatis Valour) with a four or 5 song set. In the middle of their last song one of the young girls down the front fainted. She hadn't eaten anything. Who goes to a concert without eating something before hand? Really? She got hauled out by a lot of people standing infront of us and taken to the bar where she was checked out and had something to eat. Apparently she's ok. Security and I had the same thought "that wasn't a good idea. Why didn't she eat something?"
There was a brief intermission while Holland's roadies cleared the stage and Switchfoot's roadies set up. Switchfoot did a 12 song set and 2 for an encore. They didn't do Chem6A. :( I knew most of the songs and had to guess on only two of them for the setlist.
You can see the rest of my pictures from the night here. They're all from my phone so I'm surprised I got as many somewhat decent ones as I did!

Today I went to a Vintage Afternoon Tea Party thrown by Scarlet -the women's ministry of my church.
I'm up, I'm dressed, my hair and make up are done and I'm in a *dress*. This is major for a Saturday!
The rest of the tea party pictures are here. It was a lovely event and nice to get dressed up in some finery.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...