When we exchanged rings, we hoped our family of two would grow.
It has, into a family of 4. We're just split in half.
Two of us walk the Earth while two of us fly in Heaven.

Saturday, December 17, 2011

Salt dough ornaments

I made ornaments tonight using Heather's recipe. I didn't read it right and had to go back and add more flour. (Oops.) The dough came together very quickly and left the bowl very clean. Rolling was easy and I used a very flat offset spatula to lift them off my chopping board for transfer to cookie sheets. I lined them with baking paper as I don't like messy pans. I used the end of a plastic chopstick to indent the letters J, E and JE in them before baking.

one tray partially baked
same tray without flash
second tray has angels and candy canes
Now for these to cool, and to get some paint or sealer to finish them off before wrapping!

There you go babies, you're remembered this Christmas. I hope your relatives hang these on their trees each year and remember your short precious lives.

*mwah*

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...