When we exchanged rings, we hoped our family of two would grow.
It has, into a family of 4. We're just split in half.
Two of us walk the Earth while two of us fly in Heaven.

Sunday, December 18, 2011

A new favorite

This song as done by Annie Lennox is a new favorite Christmas song for me.

See amid the winter snow - Annie Lennox, A Christmas Cornucopia

See amid the winter's snow,
Born for us on earth below,
See the tender Lamb appears,
Promised from eternal years.

[Chorus:]
Hail, thou ever-blessed morn!
Hail, redemption's happy dawn!
Sing through all Jerusalem,
Christ is born in Bethlehem.


Say, ye holy shepherds, say
What your joyful news today;
Wherefore have ye left your sheep
On the lonely mountain steep?

[Chorus]

Sacred infant, all divine,
What a tender love was thine,
Thus to come from highest bliss
Down to such a world as this.

[Chorus]

I don't know about the rest of you, but after having Evan I understand Christmas carols better. Especially ones that focus on his birth and how Mary did it. (I can't WAIT to pick her brain one day!) Having expected Evan through Christmas and birthing him and mothering him and rocking him in his morphine-induced coma, I understand now the Scripture "and Mary treasured all these things in her heart". Luke 2:19. (Great commentary on this link.)

I get it now. I get what it is to treasure all these things and to cling to them when I have no child to cling to.

1 comments:

Matushka Anna said...

I am so glad that I wrapped Andrew up in two blankets so he'd be big enough to hold and rocked him in the rocking chair for a long time. I tried to be very present with him because I knew it would be the one and only time I would be able to do that. A picture my husband took us us that night is treasured as well. These things I will remember for the rest of my life.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...