When we exchanged rings, we hoped our family of two would grow.
It has, into a family of 4. We're just split in half.
Two of us walk the Earth while two of us fly in Heaven.

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Breakfast, Interview & Evan's Christmas Goodies

This morning was our annual Christmas breakfast at work. Pancakes with berry sauce and cream, bacon, eggs, sausages, rosti, tomatoes (eww) , mushrooms (also eww), fruit salad, croissants etc. While the adults were eating, the kids were lining up for their visit with Santa. They received a stuffed puppy as their present.

I had a mini meltdown.

I saw all the kids walking by with their puppies and thought "I should have 2 in line waiting for their new toy." And that's when the tears came. "I want a puppy for Evan, he should have one from Santa! I wonder if he'll let me have one for my baby..." There were quite a few worried faces as I regained my composure and got up the nerve to talk to Santa. I asked him "Santa? Could I have a puppy for my son at the cemetery? We're going out to visit him later today..." Santa handed me a stuffed puppy and said yes I could have one for Evan.

Thank you Ikea Santa. :)

This is Evan's new puppy that I named Beauford (byooferd).
After breakfast was our Secret Santa exchange, then some chatting and coffee before my interview. I think it went well, I had good vibes going on before hand and I felt good walking out of it at the end. I'll hear by the end of the week whether I got the job or not. (I hope I do get it.)

I went shopping afterwards and got some things for Christmas lunch and 3 more presents before heading home. Nana picked me up just after 4 and we headed out to see Evan.

Evan's Nana and I went out to visit Evan today and to bring him some Christmas goodies. His pinwheels from Gramma Vicki were gone but his birthday puppy and truck were still around. Tree from Daddy. Poinsettia, silver sparkles, candy cane light from Mama. Brown puppy from Ikea Santa via Mama.

We took a walk around the baby cemetery and I said hello to a couple babies who are turning 7 this December. 7! They died in 2004. Mind boggling. We said hello to Max and then to Riitta and Uki (Sharon's little boy, my sister in law's mom and grampa) before heading home.

I made Glenn's present, finished Nanni's and am now wrapping theirs and my inlaw's gifts before starting dinner. Tomorrow is getting the rest of the groceries for Christmas and cooking the dishes I'm bringing for lunch.


0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...