When we exchanged rings, we hoped our family of two would grow.
It has, into a family of 4. We're just split in half.
Two of us walk the Earth while two of us fly in Heaven.

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

2011 Christmas Decor at the Davies Home

Here's what our Christmas decorations are for this year:

As we don't have a mantel, I commandeered our dvd bookshelves. They sit below Evan's wall of photos and memorabilia and make for a lovely decorative space.
Our Advent Calendar with a new Star on the top.
My EveryDay Displays got commandeered by Evan and Julia's ornaments.
A better shot of our dvd shelves.
Our Nativity scene resting atop a glass I got at RBC's rummage sale. The glass is filled with ornaments as seen at My Own Road. I had kept an eye out for some nice vases while shopping yesterday and remembered that I had cleaned out my cupboard to make room for my Christmas cups. I used these glasses that we used for our wedding decorations and filled them with a cheap box of red green and gold ornaments I bought today at Spotlight. Cheap and effective. :)
This is our Christmas tree this year. We don't really have any room for my little 3 foot tree my Larson grandparents gave me when I was 4, so this works just fine.
Evan watching over all.
I stuck the cards we've received so far on our garage door for some extra oomph.
This mirror and key rack hangs above our tv.
Yes, even the plants outside got some bling. The candy cane solar lights were seriously discounted to $2 each! One will go to Evan along with his little poinsettias.
Our front door with it's new garland and jingle bell wreath.
A bit of garland on the post, flickering tealight candles and cups of ornaments on the windowsil.
Yes, no shoes, no door to door sales, no smoking allowed on our property!
Goblet of ornaments and a paisley.
Jingle bells and our "D" wreath in the background.
The "D".
Table runner I hand sewed after using iron on hemming tape to secure the edges.
Our stockings hung on the railing with care.
This time without the flash.
The decorated corner of our living room.
Paisley ornaments stuck to the sliding door. Disregard my nude bra hanging in the background with the little tiger! :p
The view from my kitchen.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...