When we exchanged rings, we hoped our family of two would grow.
It has, into a family of 4. We're just split in half.
Two of us walk the Earth while two of us fly in Heaven.

Thursday, November 24, 2011

Julia's 3rd birthday - part 2

I managed to get myself out of bed and showered and dressed and some coffee in my stomach before blogging earlier.

I made my way to the bus stop only to discover I'd gotten my times wrong and had to wait half an hour. I got to Spotlight and picked up my balloons and my favorite cashier Kelly was on duty. She said she'd been thinking of me earlier but couldn't put her finger on why. I told her it was big sister's birthday today and she'd be 3, hence the balloons. She was stunned it had been 3 years since I came in and told her our baby hadn't made it. She asked how I was doing and wished me a better day after I told her it was crappy so far.

I wandered through a storage shop but didn't see what I wanted so I went to coffee club. I had a slice of cheesecake and a flat white and bawled my eyes out. (Good thing I had my lashes tinted last week, no mascara lately. That wouldn't be pretty.) I nibbled on my morning tea and read some of my book then headed home. I had a good chat with Kylie over texting (thank you dearie, what would I do without you?) and headed home.

I tied Julia's balloons to the banister and started making her cupcakes. Between batches I took down the old garland from our door (that I put up 4 years ago) and put up new garland. It really does make our place look a bit better with some new Christmas garland brightening things up. It also makes it easy for delivery drivers to find us.... "look for the house with the red and silver garland on the door". :p

The cupcakes are cooling, the garland is hung, the balloons just hanging around and my lunch (leftover chipolata stroganoff) is getting eaten... Biding my time until Glenn gets home and we have dinner and can release baby girl's birthday balloons.

Pretty wrappers
Pretty rose star and fairy balloons
Chocolate chocolate chocolate cupcakes
New door decor
Old door decor, don't mind my funny face here. This was taken just weeks after Evan died.

1 comments:

Dana said...

Thinking of your and your sweet little girl. Birthdays are so hard. Sending you lots of love and hugs.

Dana

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...