When we exchanged rings, we hoped our family of two would grow.
It has, into a family of 4. We're just split in half.
Two of us walk the Earth while two of us fly in Heaven.

Saturday, November 26, 2011

Decorating has begun!

Following yesterday's redoing of the front door garland, Glenn hung up Christmas lights today. It looks nice and glowy inside. :) We've also never had Christmas lights up inside or outside our place before so this definitely looks and feels lovely!
While watching a movie, I made this "wreath" for our front door. It's a paper mache letter D I got from Lincraft for $4.49, wrapped with red yarn ($4.99 for a 100meter ball) and hot glued into place. The silver holly berry bits are from Crazy Clarks (cheap shop/dollar store) for 2 bucks. I did it freehand using Heather's as an idea. I don't like the feel of jute after a while (my hands feel funny after using the fibers for too long, smell funny too) so I used red yarn. Plus, red is Glenn's favorite color so... ;) aside from being Christmas colors, it blends in well with our existing decor. $11.48 for a homemade personalized decoration? I'm sold!
I figured out a way to tie the green ribbon ends to red yarn ends and glue the backside like crazy to keep it all up and so far, so good. The bow tying... that took a bit longer. Bows are my mom's territory, not mine! It is glued down so no more fiddling with it. ;)

A friend from church dropped by some flowers for me today. A bunch of red roses (my favorite)! Thank you Chrissy!


0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...